Light & Water Department
Trenton Light and Water Department is a municipally owned public utility providing electric, water, and wastewater services for approximately 2,700 customers located within the city limits of Trenton, TN.
The Light and Water Department was created by a city ordinance passed in September 1910, then amended in April 1937. A distributor of TVA generated electricity, the electric department has recently increased its electric capacity with two new substations, one located south of town and another located in the industrial park. These improvements also provide 24-hour back-up distribution operations.